- OFFICERS AND REPRESENTATIVES SERVE FOR TWO (2) YEARS OR UNTIL THEIR SUCCESSORS ARE ELECTED.
- OFFICERS AND REPRESENTATIVES MUST BE AN AAAE MEMBER, IN GOOD STANDING, AND MUST SIGN A NON-CONFLICT OF INTEREST STATEMENT.
- ANY PERSON NOMINATED FOR AN OFFICER’S POSITION MUST HAVE SERVED ON THE BOARD OF AAAE AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR OFFICER PRIOR TO NOMINATION FOR SAID OFFICE.
- THE BOARD SHALL REVIEW AND APPROVE ALL NOMINATIONS.
- ANY PERSON NOMINATED FOR THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENT MUST HAVE SERVED ON THE EXECUTIVE BOARD PRIOR TO SAID NOMINATION.
The following positions are currently open on the AAAE Board:
NE Regional Representative #1
NW Regional Representative #2
SE Regional Representative #2
The State of Arkansas is divided into four regions, (northwest, northeast, southwest, and southeast), according to geographic positions of educational cooperatives. The regions are made up of the following educational cooperatives.
Northwest: northwest, Ozark Unlimited, Western, and Arch Ford
Northeast: Northcentral, Northeast, Wilbur D.Mills, and Crowley’s Ridge
Southwest: Dequeen/Mena, Dawson, Southwest, and Southcentral
Southeast: Pulaski, Great River, Arkansas River, and Southeast.
Each region shall elect two (2) regional representatives: regional representative number one (1) and regional representative number two (2).
Each elected regional representative shall:
• carry out all duties as assigned by the president
• attend all board meetings
• develop a communication system within their region
• represent the general membership
• support the activities and goals of the region